A plant production nursery and arboretum with one of the largest ranges of commercially available ornamental and native plants in the country and curators of an extensive botanic collection and holders of the Plant Heritage National Santolina Collection. They specialise in large specimen trees and shrubs with a commitment to supplying genuine English grown and English provenance native trees & hedging.
- Digging, lifting & planting trees
- Training plants to trellis and bamboo canes
- Potting in containers from 9cm - 70 litres (working in a team around a potting trailer and then laying out on beds)
- Weeding & irrigation
- Some heavy lifting and lone working is involved
What you'll need
A real passion for the outdoors, nature, wildlife and the environment, and be used to physical work in all weather conditions.
Ideally a minimum of 2 years commercial nursery experience and a strong desire to further develop your skills within a unique environment.
You will be an enthusiastic learner and have a love of plants.
Whilst keeping quality in mind, we need you to understand this is a commercial business where you need to work efficiently.
It is important that you are well-presented and courteous, in order to represent the company and uphold our values in your dealings with clients, customers, and colleagues.
We like a happy working environment so we ask that you are a good team player and are willing to be flexible to assist colleagues across the whole company
A Full UK driving licence and your own transport.
Where you'll be based
The nursery is based on an old farm in the beautiful Suffolk countryside, a truly idyllic location in Campsea Ashe, just outside Wickham Market.
What you'll receive
- £10.00-£12.00 per hour dependent on experience
- Employed role (permanent contract)
- Working Monday to Friday, starting at 7:30am & finishing at 5pm (some weekend working on a rota during Summer)
- Regular pay reviews as you take on more responsibility
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays
- Stunning working location in the Suffolk countryside
- An opportunity to learn and extend your plant knowledge to expert level
- An opportunity to progress your career and move into a leadership role.
Find out more
To discuss this position in more detail, please send your CV to email@example.com or call 07983 967143.
All communication will be treated in complete confidence.